Visits to other universities

Recognition of credits from visits to other universities

If you spent time at a university abroad during your studies or took individual courses at another German university while studying at the Beuth University of Applied Sciences, you may apply for recognition of any credits earned.

Before starting at the host university, please set up a learning agreement with the person in charge of your degree programme and with the host university. The purpose of this learning agreement is to ensure transparent and efficient preparation for the exchange so that credits earned abroad can be recognised.

Further information about learning agreements can be found on the homepage of the International Office.

At the end of your exchange visit, you will need to submit an application for recognition to the Studienverwaltung. Please use the form entitled “Anerkennung von Studienleistungen” and attach all relevant documentation. Your application must be submitted within one year of earning the credits. We recommend submitting your application as early as possible. Further applications for recognition or consideration submitted at a later date can only be considered if the credits in question had not yet been awarded at the time of the previous application.

A decision on your application will be made by the person responsible for your degree programme. Your credits will be recognised as long as there is no substantial difference between the skills you have already acquired and those which are to be acquired as part of the degree programme. The provisions in § 39 of the Framework Study and Examination Regulations (RSPO).

Students who have achieved at least 15 credits from a language degree programme can apply to have these recognised for the elective module “Intercultural Competencies”. If you choose to do this, the module will be graded as “with success”.

Please note that the recognition process can take some time. You will be notified of the decision by the Studienverwaltung upon completion of the process.

For recognised credits earned outside of the Beuth University of Applied Science, the relevant module will be marked as “extern erbracht” (earned externally) in the final transcript.

If you have any general or organisational questions, please contact the Studien-Info-Service. For specific questions relating to your field of study, please see the relevant person for credit recognition or academic advising.