Transferring between universities

Recognition of credits when transferring between universities

If you would like to transfer to the Beuth University of Applied Science, you can apply for recognition of your credits earned at other universities in Germany or abroad.

Your application must be submitted to the Studienverwaltung. Please use the form entitled “Anerkennung von Studienleistungen” and attach all relevant documentation.

A decision on your application will be made by the person responsible for the degree programme you are studying. Your credits will be recognised as long as there is no substantial difference between the skills you have already acquired and those which are to be acquired as part of the degree programme. The provisions in § 39 of the Framework Study and Examination Regulations (RSPO) apply.

If you have applied for a higher semester, at least 30 credit points for the intended course of study must be recognised in order to be admitted. In this case you must submit the application for recognition with your application for a higher semester.

If applying for your first semester, please submit the application for recognition as soon as possible after enrolment, not later than within one year. Further applications for recognition or consideration submitted at a later date can only be considered if the credits in question had not yet been awarded at the time of the previous application.

Please note that the recognition process can take some time. You will be notified of the decision by the Studienverwaltung upon completion of the process.

For recognised credits earned outside of the Beuth University of Applied Science, the relevant module will be marked as “extern erbracht” (earned externally) in the final transcript.

If you have any general or organisational questions, please contact the Studien-Info-Service. For specific questions relating to your field of study, please see the relevant person for credit recognition or academic advising.